After a 10 year search – welcome to our abode, with the perfect set up for 12pax: for friends, family, for wellness. This is bliss at its best, on half an acre of pristine rainforest. 300 sqm of pavilions open up to stunning canopy views and birdsong. The feeling of having a resort all to yourself. It stands alone as the sole sanctuary style residence of this size, within the town of Byron Bay. Where the heart of Byron first meets the rainforest, within an exclusive serene locale, not a loud holiday rental area.
The perfect Byron Bay escape – all boxes are ticked. Stroll to: beach – uber cool café – coastal walk.
Close to the action. Yet away from the not-so-desirable Byron tourist side: backpackers in streets – noisy roads – traffic jams – overflowing rental houses.
Here’s the view and rainforest song from the front door. Turn the video sound up for instant relaxation! …
WHAT OUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS LOVE WHEN THEY STAY
Tranquil inspiration here – Byron hip-ness just around the corner – Wellness Escapes – Think-tanks – gourmet food & market experiences
Sparkling tastings from our own family Kombucha brewery, produced right here in Byron Bay, poured by the best cafés & restaurants of the region, can be pre-ordered by the keg – the type of sparkling ale we live by daily here.
On request, our local network of wellness therapists, healthy caterers & botanical conservation tour guides, bring an extra level of luxe for your escape.
“One of our recent groups had the pleasure of being hosted here. The quality of the accommodation and facilities was of a high standard, & met the needs of our international guests. Although this residence is only minutes from the heart of Byron Bay, it is surrounded by beautiful rainforest and other elements of true Australian nature, the feel and vibe is a perfect match for anyone looking for a wholesome rural holiday retreat. Thank you Katrina for this opportunity to see what the Byron area has to offer, we will certainly utilise this for other suitable groups in the future.”
Peter Meredith. Australian Farm Tourism. June 2017
The residential group was catered for on-site, and enjoyed a curated itinerary of: coastal & rainforest hiking, ti-tree lake experience, Wategos beach BBQ, dolphin spotting, fauna & flora talks, Lighthouse walk & local history-telling, scenic hinterland drive, tour of Bangalow gourmet markets, The Farm.
- Only a short walk to the RoadHouse Café – famous not just for its food, coffee, cocktails, botanical tinctures, it’s famous also for its clientele who prefer to live on this stunning south side of Byron. Once you’ve had your fill – walk across the road to the scenic coastal trail – only 10 minutes walk from there to the gorgeous white sand stretches of Tallows Beach, where the healing waters of the tea-tree lagoon meet the sea.
- A level half hour stroll into the beginning of town, where Spell & The Gypsy boutique is.
- Or even better, get around like a local, with our 4 retro bikes – a gentle 10 min cycle along bikeways – no hills between town centre & beaches.
- A 10 minute cycle in the other direction, to The Byron at Byron Resort, gives you plenty to time to catch cocktail hour.
Comfortably accommodates 12 persons (if we are away), or 6-7 persons if staying in the 3 bedroom pavilion only.
- 5 bedrooms: all bedrooms offer a twin or kingbed option. 2 of these rooms have triple share facilities: pull-out sofabed with full queen mattress
- Single daybed in main living area
- 4 bathrooms: 3 private ensuites, one shared between 2 bedrooms
- Finest quality bedding, brand new Sealy Posturepedic Better Back Deluxe mattresses for tranquil sleeps
- Sheridan luxury resort linen and towels (one bathtowel per guest provided, please bring own beachtowel)
- Set amongst half an acre of ancient rainforest with koalas, echidnas, wallabies, rainforest birds, water dragons
- Onsite parking for 4 cars
- 4 uber-chic retro bicycles for use. Local bike hire can deliver if more bikes required – so much more ecologically fun than having cars around!
- (note: there is a privately tenanted cottage behind bamboo privacy: a quiet professional therapist couple live there. They travel for work and are often away – we hardly see them, and when we do – they are absolutely lovely!)
RAINFOREST PAVILION BEDROOMS
Bedroom 1: The master bedroom suite (king bed or twinshare option) offers a spacious walk in robe and luxurious en-suite with twin vanity, shower and full size bath, with the rainforest view backdrop. (note: if sharing the room: the ensuite is open-style, with a half wall for privacy ie. bathroom is not a separate room to the bedroom)
Bedrooms 2 & 3: At the opposite end of the Rainforest pavilion. Both have the option of either a king bed or twinshare. They share a bathroom with separate shower room and toilet room. Bedroom 2 has a built-wardrobe and drawers. Bedroom 3 (smallest of the bedrooms) has a clothes rack, shelves with storage baskets, two bedside tables with a drawer each.
Main living room: daybed with full single mattress, in the corner of communal living area.
EAST PAVILION BEDROOMS
Bedrooms 4 & 5: Two studios at the eastern end of the property. Soaring pavilion ceilings for lightness and space, beautifully furnished in luxe Byron style. Each offer a flexible bedding layout, accommodating up to 3 guests in each: option of kingsize bed or twin beds. Living area sofa converts to queen bed as triple-share option. Private ensuite with large shower cabin. Clothes hanging & luggage storage, microwave, bar fridge, kettle, toaster. These 2 studios are connected by a semi-divided verandah with seating.
Laundry facilities: washing machine & dryer. Can be used as a private room next to the creative space for prep, extra storage, treatment table area.
Dining table is dividable into two 8 seater tables, for ease of moving outside onto deck.
Well-appointed kitchen with ceramic cooktop, steam convection oven, Breville barista professional coffee machine, electric spiralizer, food processor.
Walk in butler’s pantry, fully equipped with sink and prep area – the perfect second kitchen space when catering, or storing of gourmet goodies.
LIVING AREAS, CONNECTIVITY
Soaring pavilion ceilings and endless windows welcome inside the sanctuary coolness, with fans and coastal breezes flowing throughout in summer.
Expansive living area with woodfire burner for cosy evenings in the cooler months. The feeling of absolute satisfaction after creating a beautifully stacked fire sculpture in the wood burner, there’s something so basic and primal about it … we recommend everyone has a session of fire-making!
A large TV and sound bar in the rainforest pavilion living area, and a TV in each studio (Bedrooms 4 & 5).
There is free Wi-Fi, with signal range on the terraces. We suggest not to use devices in bedrooms … we promote dedicated digital detox spaces – plug in instead to the therapeutic signals & sights of the “rainforest channel”, offered in surround sound!
With Byron-esque style and wellness must-haves, we’ve channelled our tropical eco-architect, and installed our essential accessories from curating international retreats over the years. But above all, this special abode itself, truly … naturally … captures the therapeutic essence from this sacred reserve. We really can’t justify it in words … as soon you enter the grounds, trust us, you’ll feel it yourself.
Leave with a forest’s worth of wellness once you’ve stayed here. Wellness session equipment & mats are joined by super-green eco footprints – solar hot water & recycling systems.
Two inspirational spaces for wellness sessions, both holding 15 mats:
1. Main pavilion terrace. North-facing, covered, facing the rainforest, this large 10 x 5m area is the ultimate outdoor space. Up to 15 mats fit, without having to move the round sofa setting.
2. Dedicated internal creative space 7 x 7m, fit 15 mats with floor sofa seating, for all-weather sessions. One of the walls is a converted double garage door, which opens up fully, to bring the outside in.
Equipment onsite for your use: 15 yoga mats, blocks, straps. Treatment table.
Bring your own portable speakers for music playlists etc inside the all-weather creative space. We recommend to have offline access to playlists etc as Byron wi-fi & 3G signals sometimes are variable.
- Shown below, the 2 pavilions housing the 5 bedrooms are positioned at the side and rear of the grounds. Neighbouring gardens border the rear fences. The west side of the grounds opens up to half an acre of our own sacred rainforest.
- Permanently tenanted cottage: the right of the floorplan below shows the position of this, behind bamboo landscaping. Its living areas & windows face away from the 5 bedroom residence. Tenants are a lovely quiet professional therapist couple; they’re often away for work.
socials: Insta FB @byronbaytosainttropez
Being a rare Byron reserve – our family retreat space where we can all rejuvenate – we can’t wait for you to relax and escape, though at the same time – guests are to respect this special property and the tranquil surrounds. No extra guests permitted, and noise levels are to be respectful at all times, day and night. Please be mindful of any noise/music to be turned down, and no outdoor entertaining as of 10pm – please move inside. The whole of Byron Bay has this local noise policy, & Byron Police issue fines as of 10pm nightly, for local neighbourhoods to call for breaches, as noise travels in the quiet Bay area.
No pets allowed due to the endangered wildlife on the reserve.
This property is only for friends and family to stay, and longterm residential letting. No events or commercial purposes allowed onsite. This webpage is not to be forwarded on, nor any of its content or images to be used for any form of re-letting or commercial purposes.
HOW TO GET HERE
Ballina airport – 30 mins drive. Coolangatta / Gold Coast airport – 50 mins drive
Take Old Bangalow Rd from the Pacific highway. Part of the Hinterland Way scenic drive, enjoy the panoramas of rolling hills, past farm stalls, boutique market villages like Bangalow, restaurants such as Harvest, & cellar doors such as Brookie’s Rainforest Gin distillery. This route is a must-do, not just for the beauty of the drive – it’s also a great perk as a traffic free road into Byron, avoiding the traffic jams on the main Ewingsdale road.
The drive is lined with stately & interesting tropical residences. Our own secluded private driveway guides you behind neighbouring properties to where the rainforest residence starts. No through traffic, safe for children to ride and play on the streetscape, lined by the paperbark rainforest.
Proudly partnered with, recommended by: